Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 5 Monday

Today was a day off because it's Monday and the wole of Newfrontiers stops work on Monday- it's the law. The Russian market was hot and sticky.The boys managed nearly 10 mins before getting exceedingly bored. I bought a pair of genuine Ray Ban sunglasses (I know they're genuine, it says so on the label). After a great deal of haggling involving enquiring after each other's health, lifestyle, children and pets I obtained them at the competitive price of US$3.50. Sadly they broke after I had been wearing them for about 20mins. However, because they are genuine and not some back street market knock off from the far east I was able to invoke the worldwide, no quibble guarantee and take them back. After the helpful stall holder was unable to mend them with his screwdriver he tried his pliers.These did not work either so he brought the hammer into play. This did not seem to do the sunglasses much good at all so he was left with no alternative but to seek out his sister. When he had found her she scurried back to the market stall, looked at the now sorry state of the glasses, read the world wide guarantee and imediately exchanged them for a replacement pair.The process took no longer than 90 mins in the extreme heat of a festering covered market during the hottest part of the day. Excellent customer service all round. Sadly the second pair have now also developed a fault. I do not feel able to bother the poor market stall trader again. Instead I shall write direct to Ray Ban head office in USA to berate them for the poor quality of their product and suggest they make an imediate refund to me (at full recommended retail price) and make amends to the market trader who should not have to spend so much of her time dealing with the complications of an inferior product. The girl's bought loads of stuff, but I did not take much notice of what they were showing me, so I am afraid I am unable to report much. Seemed to involve spending money though, so they were happy. Coffee at the Jars of Clay coffee shop proved good after about the third cup. In the evening we had a greeat time with Clive and Rachael and their four chilren. They are members of the newfrontiers church in Camberely and out here for a couple of years working in a local school.

No comments: