Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 3 - Monday 3rd December


A day off today (already!), so we don't have a great deal to report – apart from the Russian Market, and the Asian Club swimming pool, and the bumper cars, and the 4 huge candy floss for 50p. The market sold a vast array of silks, carved wooden goods, and hand made jewellery at amazing prices. Midge acted as our guide and she assured us we were supposed to barter so that we did not get ripped off as mere tourists. Unfortunately this concept of negotiating a bargain played right into Rochelle's hand and we were in there for hours. The swimming pool was very colonial, and as you might expect, very wet. Steve and Midge's two boys insisted we should round the day out off with a go on the local bumper cars. These were considerably faster and more violent on impact than anything I can remember as a boy. Most of the team lasted for just one turn and refused a second go, citing various bruises as the reason for early retirement. I realised the honour of the team now rested upon me, so I took my car out for a second go. Sadly I was rewarded for my team loyalty by the entire Smith family ganging up on me. The team then reported to me post match that at one point the family had nearly tipped my car over (didn't I know it!). Rather than this producing sympathy and an understanding of the genuine risks I was taking on their behalf, they all agreed that I had deserved such a total trashing because of the “Look of glee on your face when you were chasing those poor boys and managed to force them into the side at high speed.”

Back to work tomorrow, meanwhile take a look at the picture of Rochelle in the market. She is being comforted by Midge after we had just spent a great deal of time helping her to understand that they would not give her Tesco clubcard points on any purchases.

1 comment:

G and R said...

Oi you! I need those clubcard points for my car!